Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Taking Chocolate Chip Cookies to A Whole New Level


Don't you just love Chocolate Chip Cookies? I mean who doesn't? They just so happen to be the best cookies you can eat (well except maybe Turtle Cookies)! But, do you know what's better than cookies? Cake! Or maybe cupcakes. Today, it's cake. Definitely cake. Specifically Chocolate Chip (cookies) Cake.

This cake (how many times am I gonna say cake?) tastes exactly like soft chocolate chip cookies. It is unbelievable!


It's great just as it is, without frosting, but to touch it up a notch, add a bit of chocolate buttercream. Then, top it off with chocolate chips for extra flare.

So, that's about enough of me rubbing this cake in your face. I bet you'd like to know how to make it, huh?

Ingredients:
Print this Recipe
Cake:
4 sticks of butter
3 cups of flour
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
4 eggs
1 12oz. bag of chocolate chips
Chocolate Buttercream:
1 lb confectioners sugar
3 1/2 tbsp cocoa
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of solid shortening
2 tbsp butter
milk


Directions:

Preheat your oven to 325. Grease the bottoms of two 8 inch pans heavily. In a medium saucepan, melt your butter. Continue to cook for 25-28 minutes. Set aside to solidify.

Once the butter is solid, cream. By this time, it should be the consistency of smashed bananas and the color in between mango and banana.

In a small bowl, combine milk and vanilla. Add you sugar and brown sugar to the butter. Mix well. Now add your eggs, beating after each addition.

Add one cup of flour followed by 1/2 cup of the milk mixture. Mix well. Repeat this step until you've ended with your last cup of flour.

Fold in your chocolate chips, and bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Now for your icing. This is really simple, and you'll probably think you are doing it wrong. You're not!

Mix together all of your ingredients except the milk. By the time you are finished mixing, this will look very dry. That's okay. Keep going.

Slowly add your milk a little at a time until you achieve spreading consistency. I've never measured this, so I can't tell you exactly how much to use. It's best if you add a little, beat, then add some more.

Spread onto a cooled cake. In this case, after you spread the icing onto your cake, sprinkle chocolate chips onto the top.


I made this cake for my dad's birthday. He loved it! Also, as you can tell from the pictures, I'm not the best at slicing a cake. I get it honestly.

This Chocolate Chip (cookies) Cake is wonderful with the chocolate buttercream. It's also near perfection without frosting at all. I seriously could probably eat it every day.



Chocolate Chip Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cake, either way chocolate chips taste great!


Blogs I'm Linking to:


Skip To My LouOneCreativeMommy.comLil\'Luna The 36th AVENUE

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. I think I could eat that for breakfast! Thanks so much for linking up at One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh for breakfast?! I wish I would have thought of that!

      Delete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.