Thursday, December 6, 2012

Frosty the Snowman

This week, it was in the mid-70's here. That's December in Alabama. Regardless of the warm weather, I made snowmen cookies.

Snowman cookies from @cupcake-n-bake

I realize the title says Frosty the Snowman, but these are just regular snowmen.  Hey, I didn't exactly have any inspiration (70 degrees here.) But, if you're feeling the Holiday spirit, here's what you'll need to decorate these:

Black and yellow food coloring
Royal Icing
#2 and #4 tips
Red and Green sprinkles
Edible markers (base colors)

Snowman Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #Christmas

First, you'll need to use your #2 tip to outline the snowman. I'm not the best at making circles, so my snowman aren't perfectly round. When you live in a place that hardly ever gets snow, you understand that its hard to make round snowmen anyways.

Next, you'll flood your snowmen with white icing. While that's drying, use the #4 tip to draw the hat with black icing. It's such a small area, so I just piped that part. 

Now add three red sprinkles to the hat for berries, then add the green for the leaves. 

Snowman Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #Christmas

Let your snowmen dry completely before adding anything else. When they are dry, pipe buttons with the #4 tip. I used black icing for that as well. Using the same tip, also pipe the scarf. 

While you are waiting for the scarf to dry, use your edible markers to draw the face on. I was going to use candy eyes for the snowman's eyes, but they were just a tad too big. So, I ended up drawing the entire face.

After the scarves were dry, I added a little detail with my markers. I drew stripes and polka dots. Ultimately, though, the plain scarves were my favorite.

Snowman Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake

After they were completely dry, I packed them up to send to my brother-in-law. I'm on a mission not to eat any of the cookies that I make. So far, I'm succeeding! 

So, there you have it - Snowmen Cookies. This just goes to show you, Christmas cookies don't have to be complicated. I'm starting off slow this year and progressing to harder cookies as the month goes on. As they say, practice makes perfect.

Happy Holidays!


Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments :

  1. Wow, these are so cute! I love the personal details on each one! =)

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you noticed the details. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. What darling snowmen!! Thanks for linking up at the Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Adorned From Above,
    Debi.
    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey from tessacotton! Love your creations. I would be so thrilled if you would link up to my new, Christmas themed linky party!
    http://tessacotton.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renea,
    These are the cutest snowmen. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.