Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DIY Country Centerpieces

So, I've had this centerpiece sitting on my kitchen table for almost 3 years, and I finally decided to show it off to ya'll. However, I wanted to show you how to make it, too. The problem is, I didn't make it. My mother-in-law did. She actually made quite a few of them for my rehearsal dinner for my wedding. So in order to show ya'll how to make one, I had to take mine apart and put it back together. Good thing she didn't use any glue!

 DIY Centerpiece via @cupcake_n_bake #rustic #diy


We had an outdoor wedding and rehearsal dinner, so the centerpieces are very country looking. I loved them and obviously took one home with me. They are really simple to make too!

 DIY Centerpiece via @cupcake_n_bake #rustic #diy

Here's what you need:
  • Straw
  • Mason Jar
  • Faux Flowers
  • Bandana
Stuff a little bit of the straw into the mason jar so that the flowers don't move around too much.

 DIY Centerpiece via @cupcake_n_bake #rustic #diy

Next, add the flowers to the mason jar. They should be bunched together, and the straw should help!

 DIY Centerpiece via @cupcake_n_bake #rustic #diy

Finally, wrap the bandana around the mason jar and secure with the leftover straw. Part of the bandana should fold over the straw. You can use an iron to flatten it if you like.

Now, you have a beautiful country centerpiece for your kitchen or outdoor table. Happy crafting!


 DIY Centerpiece via @cupcake_n_bake #rustic #diy

As a side note, my heart goes out to those who were affected at the Boston Marathon yesterday. This is truly a scary world we live in. May peace be with everyone who was in attendance.


 photo signature.jpg Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments :

  1. I love this fun project! Sunflowers are so perfect for summertime. They are one of my favorite flowers. The red bandanna just makes that yellow punch out! Love it :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It's very southern and outdoorsy, which fits me perfectly.

      Delete
  2. This is so cute and I'm featuring it today:

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2013/05/featuring-you_15.html#more

    Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good!

    Thank you for sharing at Pin It Tuesday with PowerfulMothering.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Thanks for sharing on Tried and True Recipes Cohost Marlys @ This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! I love sunflowers and love this centerpiece. I thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party. I will be posting the Top 10 from last week's party and yours will be on the list!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.