Thursday, October 2, 2014

Chicken Stew

Hey there! Wow, it's been a few weeks. Sorry about that. I got a new job, which I hated, so I quit. That took up a lot of my time, and I had no time for making awesome stuff for the blog. Now I'm back, and maybe I can decide on some goodies to make!

Today, I'm talking about one of my all time favorite fall meals, Chicken Stew!


 Chicken Stew via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #comfortfood #winteriscoming


My mom used to cook this all the time when I was a kid, because she could make a lot of it. Now, I do the same. In my opinion, it tastes even better the next day than it did the first. Plus, you really need no sides with stew (except maybe some saltine crackers).

 Chicken Stew via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #comfortfood #winteriscoming

Funny story: once when I was in elementary school, I took this stew for lunch in a thermos. This thermos was a fancy thermos. It was unbreakable. As I walked through the lunch line, I grabbed a carton of milk. I guess the milk made my hands slippery, because as soon as I got to the table I dropped the thermos. CRASH! Broken thermos everywhere, including in my classmates food. I was probably in the third grade, so naturally, I freaked out. My mom would kill me and now, not only did I not have food, my classmate didn't either. Luckily, the head lunch lady gave us both free food. Then, she called my mom. I guess I freaked for nothing, because I don't recall getting in trouble. For the record, I'm still just as clumsy ;)


 Chicken Stew via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #comfortfood #winteriscoming

Ok, so now that you've heard my embarrassing story, let's get to the good stuff. This recipe is really simple, and if you are like me, simple is best! I'm kind of a picky eater, so I don't really do mixed veggies. Also, I don't know if you noticed, but this stew has noodles. I know a few people who don't want noodles in their chicken stew, but I say bring on the carbs!

 Chicken Stew via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #comfortfood #winteriscoming

So the main components of this stew are noodles, potatoes, corn, and chicken - perfectly shredded chicken. Need a tip on how to get perfectly shredded chicken? Use a pressure cooker! Umm, yeah, they are like magic. I use mine anytime I need to be able to shred chicken.


 Chicken Stew via @cupcake_n_bake #fall #comfortfood #winteriscoming

So, while you are thinking about pumpkins and scarecrows, remember to stay warm and make some chicken stew. It's like they say on Game of Thrones, "Winter is Coming".

Tell me what you think!

Chicken Stew

by cupcake-n-bake
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: soup/stew chicken fall winter
Ingredients (8 servings)
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 can of corn
  • 2 cans of tomato sauce
  • chicken broth
  • 1 can of water
  • 2 large potatoes
  • desired amount of noodles
Instructions
In a pressure cooker, cook chicken until done. Cool the chicken, then begin shredding.
Meanwhile, chop potatoes in 1/2 to 1 inch squares. Bring them to a boil in a large pot. Continue to boil until they are soft, but not mushy.
Also in a large pot, boil the noodles until they are al dente. Drain.
Add potatoes, chicken, tomato sauce, water, and corn to noodles. Begin to heat.
Add chicken broth from chicken as needed to thin out the stew.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with saltine crackers, and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
 photo signature.jpg Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.